Early Heart Attack Care
The Society of Chest Pain Centers provided this document for education regarding the early signs of a Heart Attack.
Detailed information on electrocardiogram, including the reasons and preparation for the procedure, how the procedure is performed, and after care.
|Holter Monitor |
Detailed information on Holter monitor, including the reasons and preparation for the procedure, how the procedure is performed, and after care.
Detailed information on echocardiogram, including the reasons and preparation for the procedure, how the procedure is performed, and after care.
|Cardiac Stress Tests|
A cardiac stress test may be ordered if you have or are suspected of having coronary artery disease. This test evaluates your heart’s response to stress or exercise. Watch this video and learn what to expect before, during, and after this procedure. Other types of stress tests will also be presented.
|Pulmonary Function Tests |
Detailed information on pulmonary function tests, including the reasons and preparation for the procedure, how the procedure is performed, and after care.
The Cardiopulmonary Services at MWMC offers an array of cardiopulmonary diagnostic care for the patients of the Tooele Valley. Testing and care are provided for both inpatients and outpatients at MWMC. The cardiopulmonary department is of course available 24/7.
Caring for the patient and family is the primary focus of our department. Our experienced and licensed professionals will provide the best care with state-of-the-art equipment. The medical staff at promise to provide timely and quality-driven care for the cardiac and pulmonary patient of the Tooele Valley. MWMC is associated with the cardiology groups at the Heart Center at St. Marks’s Hospital and the University of Utah. MWMC is proud to be involved with the American Heart Association as a recognized hospital that complies fully with their cardiac care programs. Our program is supported by:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) records the electrical impulses that reflect the heart muscle’s contractions, telling physicians how well the heart is working and what type of rhythm the heart is in.
- 24 hour Holter Monitoring uses a portable 24-hour digital monitoring device that records each heart beat—it’s a 24-hour EKG.
- Cardiac Event recording is another portable digital monitor to be worn that will record only when activated with an irregular beat or rhythm.
- Cardiac Ultrasound or Echocardiogram tests use ultrasound techniques to record digital images of the heart anatomy and function, allowing the cardiologists to detect abnormalities of the heart valves, muscle and great vessels.
- Cardiac Stress Testing is used to evaluate chest pain and the level of cardiac health during and after exercise. The patient walks on a treadmill for several minutes at varying grades and speeds to get this response.
- Nuclear Cardiac stress uses radiotracers to show the radiologist images that help to evaluate cardiac muscle strength.
Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
- Complete PFT
- Before/After Bronchodilator
- Nitrogen washout
- Arterial Blood Gas Analysis
You can call and schedule any testing at 435-843-3856.
When it comes to matters of the heart, the diagnostic cardiac testing services you need are right here at Mountain West Medical Center. Now there’s no need to travel out of town. Talk to your physician or call Dr. Garr at 843-3643 for more information on our cardiac services.
Robert J. Garr, D.O., Cardiology
El Dr. Garr habla Español.